Invitation for 2 participants to join international mobility Three Seas Initiative in Wisla (Weichsel) mountains in Poland 19 – 27 July 2021. Unique intercultural learning opportunity to meet 20 young people from 10 countries. Three Seas Initiative is funded by Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Poland.
Register here by 4th July: https://forms.gle/KDGNBNy38o4b4eW88
The initiative is designed to promote cooperation between European nations and their partners contributing to economic growth and energy security, as well as to boost cohesion and unity in Europe.
Wisła is one of the most famous mountain tourist and holiday resorts located in the Silesian Beskids, it is not without reason called the “Pearl of the Beskids”. Situated in several idyllic valleys, at the source of the queen of Polish rivers, surrounded by forested slopes and mountain peaks, it attracts crowds of tourists every year.
Three Seas Initiative aims to institutionalize the cooperation of non-governmental organizations in order to create an international federation. The organizations involved in the initiative come from Austria, Bulgaria, Latvia, Poland, Romania, Hungary, Slovakia, Croatia, Slovenia, Lithuania and Estonia. Our action will be multidirectional. Among the inhabitants of their countries, the organizations will promote the Three Seas Initiative and present its importance for the region. We plan to initiate and stimulate bilateral and multilateral contacts between the societies of the Three Seas countries. We will emphasize the commitment of our states and nations to defend universal values. We intend to influence European institutions and politicians by promoting our initiative and a petition to the European Commission. We hope to bring closer the full implementation of the Three Seas vision. In addition to creating the federation, we will conduct a social campaign promoting the idea of the Three Seas Initiative and our activities. Three Seas Initiative will be implemented simultaneously in 12 countries and will reach at least 300,000 people.
- create an European association of NGO’s from Three Seas Initiative countries,
- develop cooperation of NGO’s to promote the Three Seas Initiative,
- strengthen cooperation between “Three Seas Initiative” within the EU,
- creating a historical dialogue and building agreements and lasting relations between Three Seas Initiative countries.
Participants will be accommodated in a charming guesthouse (double or triple rooms) in a mountain village Wisła that is situated near Cieszyn in the southern part of Poland. The last three days you will spend in Katowice, the capital of the province.
About the international mobility :
- We will create the Three Seas NGO Federation
- Participate in workshops on design-thinking, social media, creating a social campaign and promotional materials, as well as lectures and discussions devoted to the Three Seas Initiative (ecology, history, culture)
- Intercultural learning – culture, history, cuisine of each Three Seas country
- Join Three Seas Conference in Great Hall of the Silesian Parliament on 26th July 2021 , during which academics, politicians and social activists will held speech.
Food, travel costs and accommodation is fully funded by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Republic of Poland. Rapid antigen tests upon arrival and departure will be provided if required. No quarantine or self isolation required upon arrival to Poland and coming back to Austria.